K-9 Country Inn Volunteers Needed
WHY ARE PUPPY RAISERS SO IMPORTANT TO K-9 COUNTRY INN?
Puppy raisers are instructed on how to train the puppy to ensure proper etiquette when out in public and to socialize them to any stimuli in the big noisy world to ensure as they develop, they are not nervous when working in public.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE WITH DOGS TO BE A PUPPY RAISER?
Previous experience in understanding and working with dogs is required. Puppy raisers do not need to be a trainer but must have lived with a dog previously. Puppy raisers will learn how to raise a puppy utilizing the K-9 Country Inn training methods by attending classes and reading our training material. Team members will be on hand to help and guide all puppy raisers.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES AS A PUPPY RAISER FOR K-9 COUNTRY INN?
You will be responsible for several areas: Basic obedience, socialization, and public etiquette training are crucial to your puppy’s acceptance of advanced training.
K-9 COUNTRY INN COVERS ALL EXPENSES IN REGARD TO THE RAISING AND TRAINING OF OUR SERVICE DOG PROSPECTS.
AM I READY TO BE A PUPPY RAISER FOR K-9 COUNTRY INN?
- Am I patient?
- Am I willing to participate in public access training at least three times per week?
- Am I willing to participate in public access training with a trainer one time per week?
- Can I commit to participating in one obedience training class per week?
- Can I take the puppy on a daily walk for exercise?
- Do I have enough time to socialize and care for the puppy properly?
If this sounds like a fit for you, and if you're ready to give back by volunteering to raise a service dog for those in need, please fill out our volunteer application below, and we will contact you shortly. Thank you!